Thursday, October 30, 2014

The day with one smile.


I sit here with my little baby boy on my lap, quiet for the first time all day. Of the 10 weeks we have spent together, today was one of the hardest.   Just when I thought I had the hang of this little guy, he throws a crazy new kind of day at me.  It has been very difficult to keep him happy today. Our days are usually full of laughs and smiles and games... Today, there have been tears, and when there are no tears there is sleep, and when we wake from sleep there is feeding (difficult on even a good day), which is followed closely by "up the back" poops. 

All of this being said, in these few moments of quiet I thought about how much my life has changed, and how much I treasure every second now. Literally, every single second.  

Earlier, during a very difficult hour, he went from crying one moment to looking up at me and smiling. Just one smile, one big smile, and my entire body melted.  The hours of tears (from us both), the grumbling belly (from us both), the three ruined and now poop stained outfits (from us both)... They don't matter... When I think about this day, I will only think about that smile.

And with that, the little munchkin has fallen asleep.... Sitting in my lap as I typed.. Like a perfect angel.




No comments: